RENNtech is proud to introduce an all new rear decklid spoiler design for the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan. This highly integrated pre-preg carbon fiber spoiler compliments the sophisticated and refined C-Class exterior design language.
The spoiler is coated inside and out with an all new acrylic UV protection system.
A second layer of UV protectant clear coating is also applied using traditional spray methods, in order to create a smooth finish.
This spoiler is designed to fit any W205 – C-Class Sedan model from 2016 and up.
RENNtech Carbon Fiber Decklid Spoiler. Designed in the U.S. Produced in Germany
- No drilling or modifications to the trunk are necessary, installs with 3M double-sided automotive tape.
- Available in gloss and matte finish
What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
- To explain this process in short, the fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed.