CBS55-6001 CarBahn Autoworks S55 N55 Keyed Crank Hub Kit
The S55 engine is not designed to take a large increase in boost beyond the OEM spec. Due to the design of the crankshaft, it is known to have the timing chain sprocket spin on the end of the crankshaft, causing the cams to go out of time.
If you are planning a large power increase with bigger turbos, CarBahn Autoworks has designed a high-performance engine to handle very high outputs by pinning the cam sprocket to the crankshaft.
*Note – Core charge may apply. Contact us for details.
The keyed crank hub kit includes the Keyed hub, Crank bolt, Drill, drill fixture, and drill fixture bolt.
The original flawed design allows the timing gear to spin independently from the crank, especially when the motor is modified. Best case scenario the motor needs to be re-timed with new components. Worst case, the valves contact the pistons requiring a complete overhaul. Common symptoms are rough running and camshaft angle deviation faults. This crank hub uses OEM gears and hub machined and pinned to prevent slipping. Metallurgy is superior to most aftermarket sprockets on the market.
Estimated Installation Time: 18 hours
- 2011-2013 BMW 135i Coupe
- 2011-2013 BMW 135is EWG Coupe
- 2011-2013 BMW 335i Sedan
- 2011-2013 BMW 335i Coupe
- 2012-2016 BMW 335i EWG Sedan
- 2013-2015 BMW 740iL xDrive EWG Sedan
- 2013-2017 BMW 535i Sedan
- 2014-2016 BMW 435i Coupe
- 2014-2016 BMW M235i EWG Coupe
- 2014-2016 BMW M235i EWG Convertible
- 2015-2019 BMW M3 Sedan
- 2015-2019 BMW M4 Coupe
- 2015-2019 BMW M4 Convertible
- 2016-2018 BMW M3 Competition Sedan
- 2016-2018 BMW M4 Competition Coupe
- 2016-2019 BMW M2 Coupe
- 2016-2019 BMW M4 GTS Coupe
- 2018-2019 BMW M3 CS Sedan
- 2018-2019 BMW M4 CS Coupe
- 2019 BMW M2 Competition Coupe
- 2020 BMW M2 Competition Coupe
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.